Students: How to disable Assignment celebration animations
Canvas will display a confetti celebration animation when you make submissions to certain types of Canvas Assignments before the due date.
- Regular Canvas assignments, including a file upload assignment, text-entry assignment, URL entry assignment, or media upload assignment
- Canvas assignments utilizing the Turnitin Direct integration
You will not see a confetti celebration animation when:
- Submitting a Canvas Quiz or Exam
- Posting to a Canvas Discussion
- Submitting a Canvas assignment utilizing the old Turnitin LTI integation
You can disable this celebration animation feature if you wish.
How to disable Celebration Animations
- On the Global Navigation menu, click the Account icon.
- From the menu that appears, select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Feature Options heading. Find the entry that reads Disable Celebration Notifications and click the toggle button located on the right.
- Ensure the button has turned green. This will ensure Celebration Animations will not occur upon submission to compatible Assignments.