Kaltura Personal Capture Overview
Attention Mac users: Full compatibility with the new MacOS 10.15 here!
What is Personal Capture?
Kaltura's Personal Capture recording option is the tool that replaced the CaptureSpace tool. But good news: Personal Capture is super easy to use!
Here's a brief overview video of how Personal Capture works:
Why use Personal Capture?
- Streamlined, intuitive approach to creating media: just hit record!
- Automatic slide detection and creation of searchable chapters when recording a presentation
- Variety of recording options available:
- Screen recordings can include system audio (only available for Windows machines at this time).
- Easily upload recordings to your personal My Media Kaltura page. Once you've done this, your recordings can be shared in your Canvas courses.
Keep in mind
- If you are using a laptop with a built-in webcam and built-in microphone, Kaltura Personal Capture may not work as intended if your device drivers are out of date. We recommend checking that your drivers are current: Windows 10, Windows 7, Apple OS
- Once you have started your recording you cannot change your recording configuration mid-recording. E.g., If you start a camera and screen recording, you cannot switch to recording audio only in the same recording session. You would need to create two separate media items: the camera and screen recording, and the audio-only recording.
- Capturing system audio during screen recordings is only possible for Windows operating systems at this time.
Install Personal Capture on your computer to get started today!