How to upload audio/video files in Kaltura
Kaltura accepts a wide variety of audio, video, and image file types, and does not have an upper limit on the file size of media you can upload. Here is a list of some of the more common file types that Kaltura can process:
- 3gp -- Multimedia Mobile Format
- asf -- Microsoft Media
- avi -- Audio Video Interleave
- flv -- Flash Video/Audio
- mov -- Apple Quicktime
- mp3/mpeg3 -- Moving Picture Experts Program Audio Layer 3
- mp4 -- Digital Video Format
- mpg -- Digital Media Format
- qt -- Apple Quicktime (old format)
- rm -- Real Media
- wav -- Waveform Audio File Format
- wma -- Windows Media Audio
- wmv -- Windows Media Video
Uploading Media to Kaltura
- Go to your My Media page.
- Click the Add New button.
- This will open a drop-down menu. Select Media Upload.
- This will open up a new window. From here, you can either click and drag a media file into the center of this window, or you can click the highlighted Choose a file to upload button to browse your computer for the media file.
- Once you have selected a file, the upload process will begin. Depending on how large of a file you're uploading and your internet connection, this could take several minutes or more.
- Once the upload has been successful, you will be presented with a new screen where you can enter a name, description, and tags for your new media file. You can also select whether the media file will be public or private when it's posted to your Kaltura account.
- At the bottom of this screen, click Save to confirm that you want to save the media file to your My Media page.
Now that your video has been uploaded, you can share your video in a number of ways.