Microsoft PowerPoint Accessibility Resources
These are short videos that include closed captions and transcripts.
Make your PowerPoint presentations accessible
This resource will show you how to implement the following best practices whether you are working in the Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Online (Office365), or Windows 10 app version of PowerPoint:
- Include alternative text with all visuals and tables (including SmartArt graphics, shapes, and PivotCharts).
- Add meaningful hyperlink text and ScreenTips.
- Use sufficient contrast for text and background colors.
- Give all sheet tabs unique names, and remove blank sheets.
- Use a simple table structure, and specify column header information (including adding headers to a new table and using headers in an existing table).
When working within Microsoft Office 365, you can also enable real-time, automatic closed captions to make your presentation more accessible.