Microsoft Word Accessibility Resources
These are short videos that include closed captions and transcripts
- Creating Accessible Documents (FSU Instructional Design Resource PDF)
- Make your Word documents Accessible
This resource will show you how to implement the following best practices whether you are working in the Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Online (Office365), or Windows 10 app version of Word:
- Include alternative text with all visuals and tables (including SmartArt graphics, shapes, charts, and tables).
- Add meaningful hyperlink text and ScreenTips.
- Ensure that color is not the only means of conveying information.
- Use sufficient contrast for text and background colors.
- Use built-in headings and styles.
- Use a simple table structure, and specify column header information.