Using Canvas Integration: How to start your scheduled Zoom meeting
Before your students can join the Zoom meeting that you have scheduled, you will first have to start the meeting. You can do this by following these steps.
Please Note: It is important that you always start your meetings as described below even if you have downloaded the Zoom software and are using the Zoom software to run the meeting. Launching the meeting from within your Canvas course or logging into your FSU Zoom account and launching the meeting from there is critically important.
- Log into FSU's Canvas at canvas.fsu.edu.
- Open the course in which you have enabled Zoom.
- Select Zoom on your course navigation menu.
- Click the Start button that corresponds with the meeting that you want to begin.
- The launch page will appear. We recommend that you select download & run Zoom if the meeting does not automatically download for you. Alternatively, if an additional dialog box appears prompting you to open Zoom meetings, select the Open Zoom Meetings option.
Do not use the "start from browser" option because this may give you a connection error.
(click image below to enlarge it)
- You will find the meeting application has been launched and you can choose to join the audio by phone or via your computer's audio. Please select whichever option you are most comfortable with and then select Done in the audio conference window. If you see an additional window titled "Zoom Cloud Meetings" you can close out of it - you will not be able to log into the Zoom Cloud at this time.
- When your meeting is finished, click End Meeting in the lower right corner to end the meeting.