How to add participants to Canvas organizations
You may add participants to your organization manually, send participants a secret URL join code, or contact ODL to set up batch enrollments for very large groups.
Option 1: Add participants manually
- Click People on the navigation menu.
- Click the + People button to add people.
- Add users by email address or FSUID (Login ID). You can add many users at once by separating the email addresses or FSUIDs by commas. Click Next.
- You will see a list of users available to add. Click Add Users. Canvas will automatically send an invitation for the users to join the organization.
Note: Participants are called "students" in Canvas. When you add them manually, they will receive an email invitation asking them to accept. (Users must have Invitation notifications checked in their user settings to receive the invitation. If they do not, they will see the invitation on their dashboard the next time they log into Canvas.) To check to see if a participant has joined, choose People, filter by Student, then see "pending" next to those who have not yet accepted.
Option 2: Invite participants ("students") with a URL join code
To find this URL:
- Click Settings on the navigation menu and scroll to the bottom of the page:
- If you don’t see the code, select more options, then check the box next to the Let students self-enroll... field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update Course Details button.
- Click Settings on the navigation menu again and scroll to the bottom to see the URL code.
Option 3: Use Campus Solutions data to batch upload users
If you would like batch enrollments from Campus Solutions data or other data that you maintain, please send your detailed request to ODL Technical Support at email@example.com.
Please note: You cannot create sections in the settings area in your organization site if you wish to use this enrollment option.